Mother of all Inter-faith movements!
The International Association for Religious Freedom (IARF) is an NGO in general consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (UN) was founded in Boston, USA in the year 1900 as an organization to bring together people “striving to unite Pure Religion and Perfect Liberty”. Historically, IARF is the first interfaith harmony and peace promoting organization in the world.
IARF affirms the Right to Freedom of Religion and Belief. Openness to the many diverse expressions of faith in the world is at the heart of the IARF and its works. IARF encourages religious practices. It is committed to open enquiring, respect for the Human Dignity of others and reverence for life. It resists religious intolerance. It affirms the Right to Religious Freedom and, sides with the oppressed religious communities all over the world.
The IARF seeks to be guided by the Spirit of Truth, which transcends time and place, race and creed, country and color, but it is present in the religious traditions of the world. IARF sponsors interfaith community projects in places where there are ethnic and religious conflicts.
The IARF welcomes into membership anyone committed to the Fundamental Right of Religious Freedom and to openness, understanding, compassion, and solidarity among persons of different Religious Traditions.
20 years of human rights - the road ahead
News & EventsPrevious News Next News
IARF India Chapter Tuticorin Branch in association with V.O. Chidambaram College of Educatio...read more...
All India Women’s Conference (AIWC), Bangalore Branch organized one day seminar on “the Role o...read more...
Photo Gallerymore photos...
- Human Rights Education Workshop held at V.O. CHIDAMBARAM COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, Tuticorin, Tamilnadu,INDIA on 23rd January 2016
- Conference on ROLE OF WOMEN IN PROMOTING COMMUNAL HARMONY AND NATIONAL INTEGRATION by ALL INDIA WOMEN’S CONFERENCE, Bangalore Branch.
- Report of Chennai Flood 2015 Relief Works
- PROF. ANBUMANI ARUMUGAM BAGGED BEST ESSAY PRICE AWARD FOR HER ARTICLE ON MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- E-Book_Minority Concern of Pakistan-August 2015
- Peace Boat Reception at Kochi and Filming I Was Her Age
- Report on Dr. Thomas Mathews participation at various events held at Hiroshima, Japan to mark the 70th Anniversary of Hiroshima Nagasaki A bombing
- Report of Human Rights Day Program held at Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu on 10th December 2014.
- Report on Human Rights Day program held at Quaide Milleth College for Men, Medavakkam, Chennai
- Report on Exhibition on Tolerance, Understanding, Coexistence: Omanâ
- Human Rights Education Project in India_Fourth & Fifth Phase Report (2011 September-2013 October)